CAT 2016 Registration Form or IIM Common Admission Test (CAT) 2016 Notification along with Exam Date & Syllabus has been available on its official website at www.iimcat.ac.in:
The Indian Institutes of Management has released IIM CAT Notification 2016 for admission to various management programmes, by publishing the link of CAT 2016 Registration Form through its main portal. Goods news for all dynamic candidates who are looking to make registration for Post Graduate Programmes in Management be ready with required documents. Common Admission Test will conduct by IIMs on 29th November 2016 in two sessions. We advise applicants to check and download CAT November Exam Notification Online.
The Indian Institutes of Management started CAT exam for selecting students for their business administrative programs. The Common Admission Test is a computer based standardized test held in India. This test scores a person on the bases of quantitative ability, data interpretation, verbal ability, reading comprehension, analytical reasoning and logical reasoning. This entrance test’s scores/grades used by various business schools in India. On August 2011, it was announced that Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institude of Science (IISc) would also use the CAT score, instead of the Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET).
There are 136 test cities and details about the test sites spread across 136 test cities will be available on authorized site from 15th October 2016. The name of the Test Site will be indicated in the Admit Card. Organization reserve the right to change or cancel any test venue/centre and/or change the test time and date at their own discretion. In the academic year 2016-17, the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore is expected to conduct Common Admission Test (CAT).
Before applying CAT 2016 Online Application Form, all appropriate candidates who are willing to take part in Common Admission Test must hold Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or B.E/B.Tech from recognized Universities and Institutions. We notify qualified candidates that registration window opens on 6th August 2016 and will close on 20th September 2016. Candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu. They will be allotted one among 4 preferred Cities in any 1 of the 2 sessions after last date of registration. So they are suggested not to miss the last date and register with in time period because after which application form will not be accepted at any cost.
All eligible applicants don’t forget to go through the CAT Syllabus, after applying of application form. All the details regarding qualification, examination fee, mode of selection, exam pattern, schedule dates, etc. are mentioned below.
IIM CAT 2016 Registration Form:-
Organization: Indian Institutes of Management
Exam Name: Common Admission Test 2016
Region Wise Registration for IIM CAT 2016:
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Amritsar
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Bodh Gaya
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Indore
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Nagpur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Rohtak
- RGIIM Sambalpur
- IIM Shillong
- IIM Sirmaur
- IIM Tiruchirappalli
- IIM Udaipur
- IIM Visakhapatnam
- There is no age restriction for taking the CAT exam.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post Diploma) or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE.
- Any Qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by UGC recognized University/Institutions.
- For more brief information regarding qualification, please refer to official notification.
CAT 2016 Exam Pattern and Duration:
- Exam duration will be of 3 hours for total 100 marks
- Quantitative Ability
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Note: Fee once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances and payment of application fee can be done in online and offline mode.
- For General and NC-OBC Category Candidates: Rs. 1,600/- only
- For SC/ST/PWD/DA Category Candidates: Rs. 800/- only
- Written Ability Test
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
Note: It is necessary to score minimum marks because Merit List will be released on minimum cut off marks and shortlisted for further process. For more information you may refer to the admission policies of IIMs from their respective websites.
How to fill IIM CAT 2016 Online Application Form?
- Open the official web site.
- On home page, select link ‘CAT Registration Form 2016’ and click on it.
- On next page, create an account by entering required details i.e. name, email ID, mobile number etc.
- Now enter all mandatory details and select any 3 test cities.
- Verify filled form, make payment and then click in submit.
- Once all above procedure complete, CAT Registration Number will generated at your application form.
IIM CAT 2016 Important Dates:-
- Release of Advertisement: 26th July 2016
- Starting Date of Online Registration for CAT: 06th August 2016
- Last Date of Online Registration for CAT: 20th September 2016
- Last Date for Fee Submission: 20th September 2016
- IIM CAT Admit Card: 15th October 2016 (1.00 PM till exam day)
- Date of Test: 29th November 2016 (Sunday)
- IIM CAT 2016 Result Date: In the second week of January 2017
Official Website: www.iimcat.ac.in
BEST OF LUCK to every applicant. Stay with us for upcoming updates. Candidates can bookmark this techufo.in web page for regular alerts about Common Admission Test.